Saturday, September 5, 2015

Grace Like Rain

 
Grace Like Rain
 
I'm sure you've all heard Amazing Grace before, but have you heard Todd Agnew's version called "Grace Like Rain"?  It's one of my husband's favorite worship songs, and I can understand why.  In the song, Todd Agnew alternates between lyrics from "Amazing Grace" and his chorus:

And Hallelujah, grace like rain
Falls down on me
And Hallelujah, all my stains
Are washed away, they're washed away

I just can't explain how the blend of these new and old lyrics with Todd Agnew's gritty voice just form this incredible song, so you must listen to it if you have never heard it! 

So what is grace exactly?  Ephesians 2:8 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith.  And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God."  Grace is a gift from God; it is His unmerited and unconditional love and favor towards us.  When we mess up, when we don't feel like we could be loved or worthy, God still rains His grace down on us.  

Paul goes on to state in Ephesians 2:9, "not a result of works, so that no one may boast."  So God's grace isn't any result of my own actions.  And I'm so glad about that, because if I'm going to be honest, sometimes my actions should not warrant God's grace.  But that's the beauty of His grace is that even when I shouldn't deserve it, I still receive it.  So when I mess up (which let's be honest is a dozen plus times in a day, and half the meaning behind my blog's name), God still showers me with his grace.

And Hallelujah, I'm so blessed that God's grace rains down over me like rain!

No comments: