Monday, September 15, 2014

Sugar Free Breakfast

Of course, cutting out sugar had a large impact on my diet, but the biggest changes were in my breakfast foods.  Think about it: Most breakfast food choices contain some sort of sugar.  Cereal, granola, yogurt, smoothies, pancakes, waffles, muffins... We have been almost programmed to start our day right off with the sweet stuff!  If you're interested in jumping on the sugar free train with me, then here's some new (better) breakfast foods to kick start your day!

Plenty of Time
Whether it's the weekend, summer, or I'm feeling a bit ambitious and wake up early, I love making these foods for breakfast:
  • Scrambled eggs with either a couple slices of bacon or turkey sausage patties
  • Protein pancakes
  • Green eggs (This is such a fun take on scrambled eggs; you'll love starting your day off with something green and the parmesan cheese!)
  • Cherry Almond Green Tea Smoothie Bowl (I use full fat yogurt instead of nonfat as suggested in the recipe)

On the Go
When I've just got to get out the door in the morning (which sadly is most weekdays during the school year), there's are my go to grabs:
  • Coco-Nutty granola (I almost always have this prepared to put on yogurt or eat with almond milk)
  • Ezekiel bread sprinkled with Stevia and cinnamon, and topped with full-fat organic cottage cheese
  • Ezekiel toast or a rice cake topped with almond butter
  • Green juice (When I make a big batch, I'll put a serving or two in a Mason jar to easily grab in the morning

No comments: