Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hello World!

Hello, I'm Megan! I am a 28 year old art teacher, sugar free eater, craft and DIY enthusiast, and memory keeper writing to you from the great state of Texas.

What's with my blog name? Well, I got it from a yoga article. During my final semester of my undergrad, I had to take 1 more credit hour to be a full time student. So what did I take? Yoga! I was the type of student that got all of my requirement courses completed, and really didn't take any "frivolous" classes, so of course I waited until I was almost done with college to take yoga. Anyway, aside from this being the greatest 2 hours of my week for a couple months, our instructor gave us an article, which talked about how important it was in yoga to not worry about "doing it right?" My instructor also reiterated this to us during class. She would often tell us to close our eyes and focus on our own practice, rather than looking at other students. I find this question often crossing into my everyday life - whether I'm trying a new recipe, craft or teaching a new lesson! I'm constantly wondering, "Am I doing this right?"

My next few posts will cover some of the most important things in my life, and most of the topics that I'll be writing about on my blog, including: Food & Weight Loss, Home Décor & Crafts, Project Life, and Teaching.

I hope you will join me in my journey to try some DIY projects, eat sugar free and document memories!

No comments: