Sunday, July 13, 2014

Craftaholic and DIYer

I love to make things.  I will paint, knit, cut and glue, and even use tools if necessary!  I don't have much fear to try making new things, and I love to dabble with new crafts and projects (which sometimes is a problem, as I don't always finish them...).
 
My love of arts and crafts definitely came from my Grandparents.  I have incredibly fond memories of making things or watching my Grandma make crafts at their home.  I definitely got my love for painting from her.  My Grandpa was the doer - always building things.  When he passed away, I asked to keep their trashcan holder that he made (I will post my "before" and "after" of this project at some point).  And while my Mom wasn't the most artistic, she definitely influenced me to have the confidence to do things myself. 
 
My Grandparents, Mom and I on a vacation when I was about 3.
 
 
Below is a preview to some of the types of things that I like to create.  Like I said: I'm pretty diverse in the projects that I try, and if it weren't for time and money, I'd make twice as much as I already do!  
 
Painted wood flip flops on our patio.
 
Our mantle - I made the ruler stars, chevron painting and American flag Ball jars.
 
Hand painted Texas Rangers Toms.
 
 
Please comment with any projects that you'd like to see me try on the blog!
 


No comments: